Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014

Hola Familia!

La iglesia de JesuChristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias es verdadero! See? I speak Spanish too, therefore I'm still the coolest Sister Markle. End of story.

We went on exchanges with the Ruston Sisters this week, and because I'm still the area newb, I got to stay in Ruston while Sister Newman took one of the sisters back with her. Ruston felt a lot like Greenville, except the Sister's area was much more comparable to the Greenville Elder's area than it was to mine. AKA it was ghetto as all get out. They're in a car share, but due to a popped tire, we walked around all day in the sweaty-melty-death heat. It really was lots of fun, I promise, but I just like painting a picture, so you'll have to bear with me ;) We were able to teach a young mom the restoration, commit her to a baptism and all that good stuff, but the best part of the lesson was the end when she prayed for the first time. The best feeling, definitely worth ignoring the two year old yanking on my hair; kids lately have been obsessed with "doing" my hair for me, which involves "messing" my hair for me. Eh. Whatever keeps them entertained!


Monroe has lots of random Bayou patches which are mysterious-spooky-beauties. Very surreal to drive past them, so that's one thing I don't think I'll get used to! We were fed a whole bunch this week (like, sometimes a couple times a day), and so we got a nice slice of Southern cuisine. Ate tater tot casserole, fried alligator, shrimp ettoufaite, and jumbolaya for the first time this week. Good stuff. I'm very blessed to have a high metabolism, otherwise y'all would have to roll me home (Willy Wonka style) come November.


A is still doing so well! This week we were able to teach the family two more times, and Bishop even invited them over to his house for dinner with all the missionaries. She has read 3 Nephi 11-13, 1 Nephi 1-15, the Restoration pamphlet, the Plan of Salvation pamphlet, they watched their own copy of the Restoration movie (as well as the Best Two Years...), and she's been to church two weeks in a row now. Did I mention she's never been baptized? Part member families are where it's at. She told us she plans on being baptized, but is still praying about a date, because she doesn't want to rush into it too fast. Their family is seriously the coolest, and is so fun to teach :) The other sibling's non-member spouse is still acting uninterested-but-interested, so we're praying that he sits in on the lesson, and has a change of heart. Anything's possible!


Other A's baptism is going to be moved back a few weeks, because she's still struggling with smoking. Her health also hasn't been the best lately, which makes it tricky to be able to teach her, but she's just all around awesome, so she'll make it to baptism soon :)


We had interviews with President McDonough this past week, and MLC this next week, then Zone Conference in a couple weeks, so we sure do get to see him lots! MLC is in Jackson and will be from Thursday to Friday, so if next week's email is extra boring, that's why.


Love y'all!
Sister Markle

No comments:

Post a Comment