Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday, March 24, 2014

Family Dear,
Glad you liked the package :) The best part about it was that I only had to actually pay for like two things. SPEAKING of which, in the little orange draw string pouch, I put a spoon  from Virginia. I've been looking for a Mississippi one for Kami, but at a thrift store I saw one from Katie's state, and I couldn't remember if she brought one home for Kami. If so, she'll just have to mark the one from me so that she remembers that it's actually her Mississippi spoon in disguise. There was another dress that I really wanted to send home for Katie (it's actually the one I was wearing in my Kermit the Frog museum), but it wouldn't fit :( Haha I'm excited for my package, even though the snake oils will take some getting used to. I really liked having my purple pouch of snake oils to tote around and show off, but one day I didn't double check how tight the lids were before I put it back on my purse, so some oil escaped. I'll have to get some refills when I come home, but I should be good for now :)
Oh my golly goodness, Aubrey is pregnant? Say whaaaaat? How far along is she? That's exciting that Lila had her baby blessing, I think she's the last baby I held. Yay for Kami! She'll just have to show off her mad skills when I get back, I guess. The ride to the Johanson's seems way longer than 20 miles in my memory, but I guess with all the driving I do now that perspective is a little off. Still, very cool. Hopefully Katie gets some awards, but if not at least she'll still have an awesome portfolio to show for her work.
It's been another interesting week for sure. We might have decided that JaNautica got kidnapped by her crazy Jehovah Witness twin aunts. The verdict is still out on that one though. We had an appointment with her Wednesday, and when we showed up with Amy our member-friend, we happened upon quite the scene. JaNautica is really reliable, and had confirmed with us the appointment that morning, but rather than having the door open, and just the screen door closed like always, both doors were closed and locked. On the rocking chair beside the door there was a bowl from Baskin Robbins filled with uneaten melted ice cream. Suspicious? Exceedingly so considering there is no Baskin Robbins in Greenville (according to Amy). All that factored in with silence in the airwaves from JaNautica, and what do you get? A kidnapped investigator, duh. Alright, alright, we let our imaginations get the best of us. Well, maybe not, but we'll find out for sure tomorrow since we have an appointment with Dreamer. Plus, if my child was kidnapped, I probably wouldn't agree to have the missionaries back over since they were the cause of the event. BUT MAYBE it's just another extreme case of Southern hospitality. Dun, dun, DUN. Keep you posted.
As for the rest of the week, we had interviews with President. Always a party. Met some cool people through the potential section of our Area Book, and tracting. We dropped by this lady that the Sisters met once like five months ago, and found out that she still reads the Book of Mormon at work. So cool. Too bad she doesn't think we have more to share with her, but we're going to work on changing that :)  We tracted into this really nice lady who was cleaning her house, but made time to listen to a quick lesson. And oh ya, she's due to give birth any day now. I have this running theory that the veil is thinner for those that are pregnant, because they are generally elect. Hence why when we ask for referrals we're supposed to ask if they know anyone who just had a baby. The Church is on top of things. We're also supposed to ask if they know anyone who just moved in, which I could never think of a reason behind until I got to Mississippi. People who just moved in theoretically don't have a church home yet, but by golly they find them quick.

We ended up having to officially drop our one investigator with a baptismal date yesterday (Sheila), because she's still lost. It's ok though, the Lord blesses his work in his own time. I'm constantly re-balancing the scales of faith and reason. In missionary work we just hear about those missionaries going to hard areas, working them diligently, and creating miracles through faith, so sometimes I have to take a step back and re-adjust my expectations. Faith isn't just some magic pixie dust we tap into at our will to make the work fly, it's something that powers us each step of the way, and at God's will the work flies. It would appear that it's not God's will quite yet, but I'm sure He has His reasons. Despite this, there are little miracles each day, and His hand is still very much apparent in His work. The promised blessings of obedience always come, it's just the when and the how that we have to accept. Ours is not to question why, ours is just to do.... well the rest of the poem is to "do and die," but instead I'll just leave it at do :)

Love y'all!
Sister Markle

No comments:

Post a Comment