Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Monday, November 11, 2013

FAMILIA,

From the sounds of it I am getting the most ridiculously terrific birthday package, and I'm super ridiculously excited. Good work family, good work. Also you'll have to tell Katie that someone in my new ward served in her mission, and wants me to find out all the areas she served in. Also my new ward totally feels like a Utah ward. So weird.

Skirts and bikes should never be friends. I see a bad breakup looming in their future. I'm keeping a running total of all the things that I've eaten while riding my bike; so far it's just pixie sticks, Nerds, and a granola bar. Next up I need to eat an entire meal, and maybe shove a bag of popcorn in my basket. With it getting dark at like 5:30, we have Sister Davis and West's two hours of additional study (language/training) at night after dinner, because biking in the dark when the roads don't have a shoulder is no bueno. My new companions are super great though, I'd send some pictures but we all randomly forgot to take any this week so it'll have to wait. Be excited for a fantastic footie pajama shot next week. I should never be allowed into Target, that is all.

We couldn't meet with any of our investigators this week, so it's been mostly tracting, which I still feel kinda meh towards; I feel the Spirit much more during legit lessons, so I'm in withdrawals. Plus they have like maybe five returning members in our area to work with, which is super weird because I'm used to having like a million. The work is so different everywhere you go, even within your own mission. It's probably more dramatic in my mission, due to the fact that my mission is so large, but still...

We got this referral the other day from our Zone Leaders, and it looks like it's going to be a fun one. This man contacted their bishop saying he wanted to meet with the missionaries, but he and his wife have this "no one besides themselves enter their home, no exceptions" rule, so he would like to meet us in a member's home. We gave him a call yesterday, and it turns out he is Southern through and through. He can talk nonstop. Apparently he's been in contact with two sister missionaries in Salt Lake City, and they got him the local bishop's number. From the sounds of it, he talks to the sisters fairly frequently, so that's going to be interesting if he has two sets of missionaries teaching him. He used to be a Baptist preacher, so it's probably for the best ;) he left the ministry to find a church where the love is, and has a huge respect for our church, but he then went on to tell Sister Davis (they had quite the long phone call--can't call it a conversation when it's all one sided) that we're going to have a hard time convincing him, and yet he's going to all this trouble to meet with not just one set of missionaries, but two. He seems really strange so naturally I'm stoked. We're actually meeting him in about an hour, so I'll have to keep y'all posted.
 
Oh ya except in the back of my mind I'm still wondering if we are getting punk-ed. It happens. Last transfer it happened. Our district leader devised this elaborate hoax, where we got a phone call from some sisters saying that one of their investigators was transferring into our area, so we should expect a call from him, because he was super legit. I payed no mind, because people never call (I know, I know, faith and all, but sometimes the truth is lame). He called, and set up a meeting with us at Cici's. There was no meeting at Cici's. It was super funny, a major let down, but super funny. I'm really just hoping this isn't another Anthony Yates scenario, but we'll see ;)

Love you all, have a great week!
Sister Markle


No comments:

Post a Comment