Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday, October 7, 2013

Dear Family,
The weather here is actually really nice right now; it's not humid, and the temperature is what I would timidly call "Utah-esque." The world truly must be ending. One of the members reassured us that this is not normal, and that Christmas Day is still bathing suit weather. I have chosen not to believe her. I am telling myself that after a summer of sweat, I have finally earned my fall. We will see how far denial can take me.
Conference was so good! Not only did I stay awake for every session, but I also paid attention! Say whaaaaat?! Totally took notes, and everything--I only stopped to doodle once. I'm pretty sure I earned some serious brownie points with the big man upstairs this weekend ;) I'm sure there were a lot of the quotes that made it to pinterest, probably some nice versions of "doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith" and of course "close quote." We had to watch every session at the church in the chapel, so I have a serious case of pew-back.
We started teaching the daughter of a returning member in our area this week, and I am really excited. Her name is H, she's a little bit younger than Kami, and she really wants to be baptized. This week we're going to talk with them about coming to church, so wish us luck!
In last week's email I'm pretty sure I told you guys about the Spanish woman that we tracted into named Maria. On Tuesday when we came back, Sister Borja taught her the first lesson, and then Maria fed us pizza, and said that her home is our home. She was ridiculously nice. Super Catholic, but really nice. The Spanish missionaries went by at the end of the week, and met with her husband, so we might end up team teaching them? Kind of crazy at this point, but we'll see how this goes.
Love you all!
Sister Markle

No comments:

Post a Comment