Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Monday, September 23, 2013

Dear Family,
I'm staying in the good ole Wake Village, but we are trio-training again. This time around Sister McMurtry has graduated from trainee to trainer, and I have graduated from trainer to supervising sister. Trios are lame-sauce, but evidently the Lord really thinks I need to learn to love them. Oh, well. I think this basically just makes me chauffeur for a transfer, but we'll see :) we got a text this morning, and found out that our new sister's name is Sister Borjas, and she's from Paraguay. She speaks Spanish which is awesome, because now when we see less-active Spanish speakers with a ward member, we can actually contribute. I figure this will make me the closest a sister can be to being a Spanish missionary in this mission. Right on. She'll be coming tonight, so I will send you a picture of the three of us next week.
Brother M got baptized on Saturday! Yay!!! It was awesome, he was so happy :) it was some scary times getting there, but he finally made it. On Tuesday we had the STLs come do splits with us, and one of them came to teach Brother M with me. We were reviewing baptismal interview questions, and when we left she asked if I thought he really wasn't drinking tea anymore. I was all like... ya? You have to be living the Word of Wisdom for at least seven days prior to baptism, and so the whole drive home we were kind of freaking out. The other sisters met up with us, and then I called him to double check that he really wasn't drinking tea. Awkward phone call, but the coast was clear. His daughter's baptism has been pushed to later so as to not interfere with her school work (lame), and one of the Elder's investigator's baptism was pushed to two weeks from now. Weezee was baptized though, and it was awesome too. She had a lot of people come, and I may or may not have suggested we sing a Christmas song as the closing hymn... The previous Sunday she told me she needed one more song, and that she wanted it to be one that she knew. I opened up to the Christmas songs, and we decided "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" was rather appropriate. Her husband may or may not have shot me a death glare while we were singing it. Worth it.
Remind CC that she is not to get married while I am gone. She seems to keep forgetting this.
Poor madre, rope courses are pretty intense. I think that might have been the rope course we went to for PALs in ninth grade, but I would have to see it. You'll have to get over this fear of heights if you ever want to end up as that cool grandma that goes parachuting. Just saying.
I am super pumped for conference. It's going to be great to see it as a missionary; this will probably be the first time I see every session, and am fully awake for every talk ;) haha so it should be great. Wish Dad and Brandon good luck with the marathon next week for me-- I am excited to get pictures of them wearing their medals! Just think, it was almost a year ago that they made the changes to the mission age, and look at how much it has changed! It's been a good year :)
Love you all!
Sister Markle

No comments:

Post a Comment