Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday, August 26, 2013

Family!
I did go to the doctor twice, first visit I was prescribed the penicillin, second visit was the azithromycin and gargling of a strong steroid. After all those antibiotics my stomach ended up feeling like it was eating itself every time I ate food, so when Sister McMurtry went to the doctor I talked to him, and he said to get on probiotics/ take Claritin D everyday/ eat yogurt with the probiotics. I hate yogurt. I have discovered that the only good flavor is Boston Cream Pie. I had about a month's worth of probiotics from Wal-Mart, and am nearing the end of them. My throat still doesn't look normal, but I figured at this point it's like whatever. Haha but once the probiotics are through, I will reevaluate my health and possibly go back in for a follow-up visit.
One family that we started teaching when I first got here was looking ready for baptism, then they backed way off. We had to give them some space for awhile. Fast forward to now, and they are at a much better place. Much more committed to the gospel, but still struggling with reading the book of Mormon. The dad's baptism is once again being pushed back. Reading is the biggest hold-up, but we've helped them make it more manageable. Baby steps :) We've talked with the dad about not being overwhelmed with what he doesn't know, but until he starts reading, picking a date for baptism is still going to be a struggle.
We are finally going to meet with the R family this week, which I am super excited about. Christina R was the second person I ever tracted into, and has been a promising potential investigator ever since. We consistently stop by and talk with her, but she had never really progressed from that point. Christina was open to learning more, but because we had never met with her husband she was having reservations. We have finally introduced ourselves to her husband, and he's actually a nice guy. We were worried. Instead of focusing on just her, we are now focusing on the family, which we should have been doing all along. I'm excited!
We had Zone Conference in Monroe Louisiana on Wednesday, and Elder Kopishke of the seventy came to speak with us. It was super cool, and spiritual. He addressed a lot of the problems the mission has been having, and it was all through question/answer. He is really cool, and the road trip was pretty fun, but now we are sunk for miles. Each car has an allotment, and basically everyone but the sisters is over. So now even though we did really well this month, we are stuck biking too. Like, I biked five miles to the library for emailing. It was a million degrees. McMurtry's chain fell off. I had a baby asthma attack. So fun. We're going to have to bike to the church for district meeting on Wednesday (about another five miles), and never touch our car. I'll tell you if I survive next week.

Love you all!
Sister Markle

No comments:

Post a Comment