Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 24, 2013

Dear Mom,
Did you try emailing this week? It's alright if you didn't, but if you did and it got lost in cyberspace again then that would be utterly lame. I'm emailing today, because Monday we had interviews with the President, and so our P-day got pushed back to Tuesday, and then we didn't have time to email, so that got pushed back to today. Sorry for the lack of a heads up!
Last week the Sister Training Leaders came and did exchanges with us, and were at our apartment for three days. There are three STLs. There are three of us. 3+3 = too many girls for one apartment, especially one bathroom. Haha despite the squishiness, it was really good. They helped us a lot, and we have plenty to work on. Sister McMurtry and I were with Sister Johnson, who is really cool, but it was super crazy because we went and did Visiting Teaching with a Spanish sister in the ward, which basically turned us into Spanish Sisters for a day. Ok, really only like three hours, but still. We had no clue what was going on during the visits, tried to share spiritual thoughts (I read from the Spanish Book of Mormon for one of the visits, and that was really pathetic--but so fun), so all in all it was a really interesting, but super cool experience.
There is some craziness that came up with K's baptism so sadly that is being postponed for a while. They need all this information from her birth mother, and other stuff, so hopefully I will tell you more about the craziness once it gets all worked out, because right now it is just a big ball of crazy. Ya. Haha I keep re-learning how weird mission life is, maybe one day I will have fully learned the lesson, and then I will be learning how normal mission life can go. That'll be the day.
We found out that Sister Harker is definitely leaving at the end of this transfer (in like two ish weeks), so now Sister McMurtry and I are supposed to drain her dry of all her wisdom, and then work the area alone when she's gone. Kind of scary, but it will be good. It also means that I will be driving once she is gone, so that will be interesting. Most of the missionaries have either a TomTom or a Garmen GPS system to find their way around, so if we miraculously have a GPS somewhere on a shelf that I can use, that would be awesome, otherwise I'm not really sure what to do. If you would consult with Papa, and give me further direction next week I would be very appreciative. Missions kinda seem to be a money drain, but if "there is but one soul" that comes unto Christ because of this then it will be worth it. I'm just hoping that this doesn't turn out to be the most ridiculously expensive 18 months of EFY, and only I benefit, but that's not going to be the case. I'm determined :) Regardless, thank you for all that you and dad have done and sacrificed for me, I am eternally grateful! Love you all so much, and have a great week!
-Sister Markle

No comments:

Post a Comment