Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 8, 2013

Dear Momma,
I really did call the mission office right away! Promise! I had curled my hair that morning which always makes me feel lightheaded and queasy (too much heat on my head at one time), and so when I started to feel that way later in the day, I thought it was still related to curling my hair. When we got home that night I took a peak into the back of my throat and realized I was legitimately sick. Harker realized she was having the same symptoms. We called Sister McDonough right away, and they figured it was probably a virus, and we were just going to have to stick it out. I wanted to go to the doctor, but I kind of had to wait for the ok first. It was lame, but I'm doing much better now. If when I was little it was really just the craters in my throat and nothing on my hands or feet, then this is probably the same thing. I've been taking my penicillin like a good little girl though, and feel a lot better. I haven't looked at my throat for the past few days, because I wanted to give it time to start looking better. I'll look at it today, just for you.
This week has been weird, because we had to try to bounce back from being sick, and with transfers on top of all of it, it made for a very weird week. The 4th was really fun though, we had a ward pancake breakfast, and had kind of a fhe/game afternoon over at the W's (we are teaching the youngest, K who is 10, and is going to be baptized on the 19th) which was really fun. We were all then fed by some ward members, then went over to the church for volleyball, which ended with fireworks and sparklers.... not really sure if that was completely white handbook approved, but it was really fun so ya.... Haha the sparklers and snaps you sent were definitely a hit, so thanks again :)
Poor Tad. Katie needs to stop breaking hearts, and just settle down already. Remind her of the dangers of becoming an... Shoot! I forgot her name! It's Elizabeth Bennett's best friend who ends up marrying Mr. Collins because she had no prospects. Hahahahaha Katie will like that for sure.
CC is dumb. She can't claim homesickness until she gets her phone taken away. Also she doesn't write me so I have no pity.
The trio is actually working better than I expected so far. Sister McMurtry is one of those ridiculously always happy sorts of people that you sometimes want to shake, but know you shouldn't because obviously they're in the right, and that would be dumb. We all bring something necessary to the companionship, and once we get it all figured out we're going to be unstoppable. Muaaaaaah. The evil laugh was necessary and you know it.
So here is my utterly ridiculous story of the week. Enjoy. Yesterday was really really sad, because Angela had a set baptism date for this Saturday, and the gospel was changing her life and blessing her SO much, but then we got a text out of the blue during church that said she felt lead to go to a different church, and that we could pick up our books from her Aunt's, and that we should leave her in peace. Not gonna lie, that stung. I tried to figure out where we went wrong, but there gets to be that point where people make the choice for themselves, and there's really nothing we can do about it. It's hard to see her do that, but we're going to try to get over there tomorrow and see what's up/ let her know we're still here for her, because her life is legitimately nuts. Even though that was really disappointing, I still have faith in the work, and am still committed. I bounced back quick, which is good because I didn't want to have to feel depressed. I got a taste of the way Christ feels when we reject Him, which was no fun, but helped me grow. Now on to the ridiculous part of the story. On Saturday Angela said she couldn't find any of the Book of Mormons we had given her, and our car had been emptied out of our backups due to transfers. I got a really bright idea. I gave her MY Book of Mormon in good faith, and told her we would trade back on Sunday. You know a whole, this book means a lot to me, but you need it a lot more right now kind of thing? Ya...... Awkward.... I have now learned to never ever give out your Book of Mormon no matter how trustworthy the person seems, because you will invariably get a loco crazy text from them, and life will be incredibly inconvenient for a few days while you wait to get back your book. These things only happen to me.
There's really nothing I can think of for the package... Except wait! CARDS! I broke down and bought myself a pack, but if I could get some of our old ghetto packs so we can have some Squeak tournaments that would be stellar. I am forced to call it Nerts here, but I will try to convert these people to the game's proper name. I love you all so much!
-Sister Markle

No comments:

Post a Comment